ProSoft PC56

dash

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used this module with Embedded XP to run custom VB.NET (or any other managed language) and pass the data to a ControlLogix CPU that is on the backplane? If so how well did this work and was the development process painful?

We need to collect data from an automotive CAN network using CCP (CAN Calibration Protocol). See here if you want to see the spec http://www.asam.de/new/doc_int/getfile/getfile.php?id=34&memberlogin=

There are several devices that bridge bewteen USB and CAN (this is not CANopen) that have drivers that work with .NET lanuages, but I have not found an easy way to get this data into the ControlLogix in a synchronized manner. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Darren

OK, new question and maybe Peter can comment on this. Has anyone used the available libraries from Real Time Automation (RTA) to create an embedded EtherNet/IP device? Can you comment on the completeness of the library?

Darren

We have actually progressed quite far in this project (have actually been working on code for about 2 weeks).

My new question is has anyone ever run across the information on how to create a custom RSLogix 5000 I/O Module Add-On Profile?

Ken, would you happen to know someone within Rockwell that could help me with this information?

Thanks,

Darren

By the way, if anyone is interested, we ended up going with creating an embedded solution using the RTA EtherNet/IP server library. Neat stuff if you have the need.

You can't create own full Add-on profile unless you have a special toolkit from RA.
But for any module you can use generic profile if you know format and correct instances

Since we created the module we know the format and instances. I was hoping that we could create a nicer interface for other possible end users.

Where can I get the RA toolkit?

Darren