S7 SFB4 timer question

DzonasGotis

Helo i'm completely new here and i fave one question. If i have sfb timer in one FB whic has istance DB and i want to call that timer in many places in other FB. Do i need to assign a new STAT name each time i call that function or it's enoug just to name that function once for example TON and use it as many times as i want? Waiting for your early reply.

...i want to call that timer in many places...
Each place you call the timer it is a new 'instance' of the timer. The SFB4 needs to have a unique location in which to store the data for each instance. So if the SFB4 is to be called in two separate FBs, then yes you will require to define two STATs for the SFB, one in each FB. However, the name of the STATs can be the same. You can have a STAT named ABC in FB1 and another STAT named ABC in FB2. The names won't cause any clash in memory as they are part of the two instance data blocks assigned to FB1 and FB2. However if you want to have two instances of the SFB4 in FB1 then each must have its own name, for example ABC for one and DEF for the other.

regards

Ken

well you have almos answered my question but if i call that timer in one FB for 30 times? I'm creating an error FB now and i need as many timers as i have engines. So i need to use 41 timer of 2s. If i call these timers from the FB where i created it do i need define different STAT names for these timers or i can use one STAT name timer for all 41 timer?

Obviously there is such a thing as too much information.
I think he preferred your answer.