A-Direct Links

Leon

Do you need to setup a new link everytime you create a new project with the same PLC type? Can a project generated in a 105 be converted to a DL-06 by just changing PLC type in the software and what is involved? I can do this with AB but have not found out how to do it with AD as yet.

Thanks guys,

Leon

Actually it's not necessary to set up ANY links for a project until the point at which you wish to download it. At that point (assuming you don't have an appropriate one set up) you can set one up fron the Launch window or from the menu bar using 'PLC -> Connect -> Add'.

We have links set up that just reference the PLC type and port number. But in some networked installations a seperate link to each unit will be required because of the networked addressing. That's when a good descriptive name comes in handy.

Bernie, I am going to start having to pay you soon. That is what I tought because I know I wrote a few to the 105 and only setup a link one time. I have learned a couple things, AD PLCs mate better with there displays than AB does, AD does not capture comm ports and you guys from PLCs. net are a great help. I really like AD as they have good manuals that are cheap like there equipment and delivery is amasing.

Thanks,