clx connection fault

SCAN.PLC

Hi All,

I have a contrologix system where i want to create a module fault if any of the module fails in the chaisis.
I have used a GSV instruction to featch the status of Module connection.
But when i remove the module i do not get module fault error.
I even dont have IO eror on PLC IO LED .
Please let me know how where i am wrong.

scan.plc

I have never seen an instance where the ControlLogix did not detect an "owned" module being removed from the chassis. Are you certain that you haven't inhibited the module connection ?

Could you post more details about the module, the chassis, and the network that you are using ?

In addition to the GSV, you would have to verify specific bits of the returned value.

An alternative could also to use a MSG instruction and monitor the .DN bit.

SCAN.PLC said:
Hi All,

I have a contrologix system where i want to create a module fault if any of the module fails in the chaisis.
I have used a GSV instruction to featch the status of Module connection.
But when i remove the module i do not get module fault error.
I even dont have IO eror on PLC IO LED .
Please let me know how where i am wrong.

scan.plc

Is the I/O local or remote?