Sharing Tags Between AB Contrologix and Compactlogix

Coachman

I have a Plant that producing a material that another plant about
300 yards away uses .I would like to keep track of the material
that is produced and also the amount that is used. Is there a way
that I can share tags between a Contrologix and a Compactlogix.
I would like to display this usage on HMI's, but I have to
do a little bit of math,that would be easier in the PLC.
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

What version of RS5000 do you have?
If you have 15 or 16, I can post an example.
If not, I'll walk you through sharing the tags.

Thanks CroCop,

I have Version 15. You can go ahead and post an example, and
give a small explanation. I really appreciate it.

The producer plc is easy. Just create a new tag that's an alias for the data, then click on tag properties and make it a produced tag.

All the work is in the consumer plc, you need to go to your ethernet module, right click and add module, add the module of the producer plc, then right click on the producer ethernet module and add the producer processor, then go to the tag editor of the consumer plc and add a tag, the tag type must be the same as the producer tag. Right click on the tag, go to properties, and make it a consumed tag, you will have to know the produced tag name, spelling and case must match.