AB 1336 plus II drive

alanc5

Ok here is my spill. The other day one of our ac drives went(1336, because of a precharge circuit). I replaced it with a 1336 plus II sensorless vector drive(30 hp). After it was all wired and programmed via him module, It would not run off a 120v start command. The book clearly states for 2 wire term 19 start/forward term 20 stop, and term 30 enable. It was only after I put the enable on term 19 and then jumper to 30, and the start command on term 20 that it would run via operator control.. I'm just curiuos am I the only one who disagrees with the way AB book is translating this stuff???

I dont understand whats so hard to understand about this:
http://members.comcast.net/rsdoran/1336.bmp

You must maintain a connection to terminal 20 (run enable/stop) and terminal 19 the actual RUN (forward) connection...22 RUN (reverse)...21 common. A connection from common to 20 is the equivalent of a STOP circuit..break the connection and the drive stops.

The difference between 2 wire and 3 wire as the pictures shows is that with 2 wire the RUN command must be maintained...with 3 wire it can be a momentary.

The 1336 is a very in depth drive with an abundance of features..especially for winder applications. The start/stop circuit isnt any different from any drive (overall) that I know of.

thanks rs. I guess the main thing that confused me is that in my AB book it sais terminal 20 stop/fault reset. It does not say enable or start. which would have saved me some time.