DL06/GSE 60 series weight scale

kevin91172

Could any one help me out with config. My dl 06 com. port 2 to read from a scale that has rs232 comm also. The scale is a GSE 60 Series. I have the DL 06 manual and looking in chapter 4 but still confused as always. Please someone point,push,or shove me in the right direction. ☯

the GSE 60 series will send upon request or constant transmit depending on your macro setup it will send standard ascii usually VT 220 in Telnet for example. you will have to send the correct CR LF command at the end of the weigh data that will be recognized by your PLC sorry can't help with that product line never worked with AD however it should be able to recognize ASCII format. I will include a GSE 650 file that uses a photoeye and average mass method for an inmotion scale setup

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Could any one help me out with config. My dl 06 com. port 2 to read from a scale that has rs232 comm also.I have the DL 06 manual and looking in chapter 4 but still confused as always.Please someone point,push,or shove me in the right direction.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wiseman[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Member [/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

If you scale indicator has 4-20 ma output I'd highly suggest you use that into an F0-04AD-1 analog input module. The resolution will not be nearly as accurate as the indicator but in my batch panels it's more than enough. Very easy to program this way.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KPrice[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]po[/font]

kevin91172, We had a number of projects with scales (Siemens Milltronics) with RS232. They also had built in RS485, but we used the RS232 with the RS232/485 converters for isolation. We also had more than (1) scale on the network. If you have (1) scale, point-to-point, and you don't need the isolation, and your length is less than 50ft, you don't need the converters. We used 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity. You didn't mention your protocol. These scales use Modbus RTU. The DL06 can use Modbus RTU or ASCII to communicate with your scale, depending on what your scale uses. Hope this helps.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sii[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]post[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have an 06 hooked up to a Rice Lake scale using the AIN instruction and RS-232. This was my first experience using ASCII. It has worked flawlessly for a couple of months now. They told me it would be difficult to do, but honestly it only took a couple hours to figure it out. My cable length is 10 feet. You will have to set up your configuration to match the scale output.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][This message has been edited by sii (edited 04-23-2007).][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][This message has been edited by sii (edited 04-24-2007).][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]kevin91172[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

I'm using this scale point to point,and is a GSE 60 series scale.The do have an option of a 4-20ma output module we installed on some on other scales to communicate with some field point Labview applications.(National Instruments)I would like like to try ASCII because I never done this either Sii could you send me an example of yours for I'll get an idea of how to get started.I hate to cheat myself and to learn it on my own but still I need some direction.
[/font]