Micrologix 1100 & Wonderware

mindshaper

Did anyone used this combination? I try to connect micrologix 1100 via ethernet to Wonderware dasabtcpip and recieve error kinda access denied, port 2222. any ideas?

Sounds like a firewall problem.

We have a system running with exactly your setup and it works wonderfully.

Can you ping the PLC? If so, your firewall is most likely blocking port 2222. Alot of corporate firewalls block "odd" or "strange" ports to help prevent virus/trojan infections.

Which firewall are you running? Nobody can tell you how to fixxx it until we know what you have...

If you can, try turning the firewall off first, then see if WW can communicate with the PLC. You might need to get your plant IT people involved in correctly configuring your firewall.

Thx for information Ozee. I ping the plc with 20ms reply times.. I fixed problem with rslinx gateway, opc server. I got information from the local dealer, ww isnt givin officially support for micrologix, so i didnt risk the system.

Well, there ya go. Linx does work fine, and I use it with the compact logix line as well, which doesnt seem to have a working wonderware driver for it.

Matthias von Zorn said:
... I use it with the compact logix line as well, which doesnt seem to have a working wonderware driver for it.

Matthias,

Try DASABCIP! The new version (3.5) works just fine for ethernet com between WonderWare and ControlLogix/CompactLogix. There IS a working WonderWare driver.

After I reread your message, I realized that you said COMPACTLogix. I had never tried that... I just happen to have a CompactLogix (L32E) setting on my desk right now for my next project. So I took 5 minutes and made a quick WW screen and setup DASABCIP and am successfully reading/writing data in the PLC. It literally has taken longer to write this reply than it took to setup DASABCIP for CompactLogix.

Mindshaper -- I opened up the WW app where we have a Micrologix 1100. I was wrong -- it isn't using DASABTCPIP... I'm sorry. We put that system in just after they came out with the 1100 and DASABTCPIP didn't work at that time. We had to use a KEP Server. But it looks like the new DASABCIP driver has MicroLogix 1100.

Having used both RSLinx Gateway and DASABCIP, I can highly recommend the DAS driver. You will be much happier with it when you get it working. Especially the first time you have to reconfigure the WW computer and have to try to move the Linx license after a hard-drive or motherboard failure...