RSLogix5000 Program Error

knichols

Hello, I'm trying to make a small addition to a working PLC program. After uploading the program, running a verify shows several errors stating the "operand of this tag must have associated output map connection". The instructions are all IOT's. This is strange to me because the program works fine, and had to be downloaded at some point. Is there some parts of a program that do not get uploaded?

Thanks

Perhaps the I/O configuration was changed after the system was originally programmed and the IOT instructions were never modified to match? Just a guess...

If there are any pending rung edits in the online controller that have errors, they will get uploaded. That is probably what is going on.

Then when you did a verify on the offline file, it caught the error.

In the online controller, when you accept a pending a rung edit, it will do the verify for you. It will not allow an accept to complete unless the rung(s) are error free.