Omron Cable

LumberJack818

We just got a used machine and it is running an Omron C200H PLC and I am looking for the communication cable to connect it to the computer. If anyone knows what the part number is I would greatly appriciate it.

Andy

LumberJack818 said:
We just got a used machine and it is running an Omron C200H PLC and I am looking for the communication cable to connect it to the computer. If anyone knows what the part number is I would greatly appriciate it.

Andy
If you have an LK-201 module on it, I think that a standard serial cable will work or it may need a null modem adapter also. I'm not real sure, maybe someone else can confirm this. Also, go to mrplc.com in the omron section for more info.

Previous response is correct. The C200H requires either a rack mount or cpu mount Host Link unit. This device will have a 25 pin connector. The cable would be a "standard" null modem cable, without handshaking.

Let me know if you need a link to a cable diagram.

Hope this will help.

Sorry I should have been more clear I need the programming communication cable it should be a 20 pin connector roughly the same size and shape as a DB9 connector.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, that is a proprietary connector for the handheld programmer. Programmer part number C200H-PRO27 and cable C200H-CN222. Cable has mating connector on each end. C200H was introduced in 1988.

The newer (now discontinued) C200HS could use an adapter, but that adapter will not work with the C200H. That port (Peripheral Port) on the C200H will not support communication with a computer.

If you have an open slot in the rack, use a C200H-LK201.
If no slot, there is a horizontal connector on the cpu, a 3G2A6-LK201 will mount on the front of the cpu.

Hope this will help.