IDEC MicroSmart Pentra FC5A-C24R2 RXD/TXD through RS-232C

vislab

Hello everyone,

This time I have IDEC MicroSmart Pentra FC5A-C24R2 and using WindLDR v5.01 software for programming.
This PLC is connected to the COM1 port of the desktop PC and I would like to send or get simply now "OK" characters between PC and PLC.
I used Visual Basic 6 to make a simple application running in PC to send or receive this simple signal through serial RS232C COM port.

Now I used RXD/TXD instruction in the PLC to send or receive this simple "OK" signal but it would not work.
I download this very simple code and run it in Online Monitor mode but I saw nothing happened.

The login is like this if the input I0 is ON then it activates the M101 and this will go through SOTU and activate TXD so that in the PC the VB application receive the "OK" and display this in the text box.

I attach this logic as following for your reference but it should be easy and straight I don't know why I have problem.
Then I apprecitae your any help and recommendation.
Thanks and see you.

Sonny

Hello everyone,

This time I have IDEC MicroSmart Pentra FC5A-C24R2 and using WindLDR v5.01 software for programming.
This PLC is connected to the COM1 port of the desktop PC and I would like to send or get simply now "OK" characters between PC and PLC.
I used Visual Basic 6 to make a simple application running in PC to send or receive this simple signal through serial RS232C COM port.

Now I used RXD/TXD instruction in the PLC to send or receive this simple "OK" signal but it would not work.
I download this very simple code and run it in Online Monitor mode but I saw nothing happened.

The login is like this if the input I0 is ON then it activates the M101 and this will go through SOTU and activate TXD so that in the PC the VB application receive the "OK" and display this in the text box.

I attach this logic as following for your reference but it should be easy and straight I don't know why I have problem.
Then I apprecitae your any help and recommendation.
Thanks and see you.

Sonny

know this is an old post but did you get it to work?