Line voltage protection to PLC

Handasee

We have received a PLC controlled machine that is fed by an auto-transformer, 600V primary/480V secondary. The control transformer (480V to 120V) feeds the PLC.
I would like to change the auto-transformer to an isolation but the customer has refused. My question is "What is the best way to protect the PLC?" At this point I am thinking of changing the control transformer to a "Sola Constant Voltage Transformer CVS series", or adding a "Control Concepts Islatrol active tracking filter IC+107" after the control transformer. I would appreciate any help from someone who has had the same problem.

Similar Topics

There're some tiny bulb for Running status on AB MCC panel. What is the exact voltage? I measured it is 9.2VAC. What is specification so that I...
Replies
Views
Curious about something: Say you have a VFD that is designed for a line voltage of 200-240AC, 3PH. At 240V, the DC bus voltage will obviously be...
Replies
Views
I've got a machine tool that runs a servo, along with a variable speed drill. The servo input card is being damaged when the VFD fires up from...
Replies
Views
Here's some interesting pic's and video clip of a High Voltage Power Line 500 kV Circuit Switcher being tested...
Replies
Views
Hi , Where i can find Mitsubishi PLC Card end of line & replacement model details. i am looking for Q02CPU replacement model. Please advice. thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom