S7 always ON bit

Which S7?

In the S7-200, yes there is.
In the S7-300 and -400, no there isn't.

Ken

Always 1 bit
uvek1.JPG

If he programs in STL I hardly can see why he needs always '1' bit.
BTW, in STL it does not work:

Set M1.0

It should be like that:

SET
= M1.0

Thats one think I miss from Automation Direct. They have several contacts like 1 sec, 1 min, 100ms, on, that you can use. Sure you can make them but it is nice having them so easy. Maybe we should have put it on the Siemens wish list.

CharlesM said:
Thats one think I miss from Automation Direct. They have several contacts like 1 sec, 1 min, 100ms, on, that you can use. Sure you can make them but it is nice having them so easy. Maybe we should have put it on the Siemens wish list.

S7 already has it Charles... you set it up on the Cycle/Clock Memory tab of the CPU in Hardware Config.

bouklas said:
i'm sorry i gave a wrong information without coffe i don't work my mind well. in stl simple write

S M1.0

sorry once again.

It's also wrong as "S" operation is RLO dependent. You still need something which will make RLO=1.

I suspect they don't to comply with 6113 and make the code independent of CPU. Still they could make a area in the CPU Hardware config to park the status bits like the clock byte.

Nick