(The Volvo Project) Mitsubishi PLC with Type-K element ?!

JIMCON

Hello,

I wonder if its possible to use a Type-K thermoelement with Mitsubishi FX2N.. Or do i need a converter to measure the signal from the element to the PLC.

For those who wonder its for measuring exhaust tempratures from a Volvo 740 that me and my friend are building on. More info about this later :) All support is welcome.

//Jim

if you need on/off pid control there is also a simular module I think it is FX2N 2 LC, this contains two thermocouple inputs & two pulse outputs to drive solid state relays.

Thanx for the replys..

The FX2N-4AD-TC´s are on the way and the PLCs + an E1071 panel.

right now im waiting for the stuff to arrive so i can test this.. hmmm... hehe I hope ill manage to get it all togheter..

the things that are missing right now is the 24V powersupply for the panel and the plc. Im not sure if I can use any 24V PS ? I just need a simple PS for testing at home.. after that i think im gonna need a DC/DC converter 12V-24V..for cars hmmm..