B&R Automation Studio. Where are data files ? Where to find x-ref ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi again.

I managed to download the program to a dead CPU. (http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=30317)
So far so good.

Now I try to troubleshoot a minor problem, but I struggle with the Automation Studio software.

Where are data files located in the project tree ? I can see where variables are accessed in the code, but I cannot find where the same datafiles are. I would like to look into a whole datafile if possible.

Where do I find the x-ref ? The online help just says that it is under the "edit" menu, but I must be blind because I cannot see it.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

BRSupport.
Yes, it is a bit late, but thanks anyway. Besides, I did contact B&R support. You dont have to state the obvious. The reasons for forums like this is to exchange experience which the manufacturer cant or wont. And to give support when the manufacturers support is unavailable.

The X-Ref I asked about, was the cross-reference. If I am not mistaken, then there is simply no cross-reference in the automation studio software (!). I used v2.51 at the time.

Dear JesperMP,

I did not mean to insult you. I apologize if it came out that way. I noticed on this forum that there are many questions better handled by the official support department that people may not be aware of or know how to contact.

On cross-references, this is implemented in Automation Studio 3.x.