devicenet help,

mindshaper

i have a 1747-sdn located on the 1st rack of a slc 5/04 cpu and a 1794-adn scanner, have 1794-ib16 and 1794-ob16 attached to it. i connect these as a network and read the configuration wia 1770 kfd. I'm using rsnetwork 3.21 with sp3. but it doesnot have support!! to add the addition io's to 1794-adn and change the 1747-sdn scan list too...

the node numbers are sdn 0, adn 1 and kfd 63. could anyone make an offline configuration for these with rsnetworx? i could try to download it wia my rsnetworx...

I'm using rsnetwork 3.21 with sp3. but it doesnot have support

Does this mean you have no activation and are running in demo mode ?

1794-adn scanner, have 1794-ib16 and 1794-ob16 attached to it

If these are new you may need latest EDS files so you can see them correctly

u r right gil. i'm running in demo. i downloaded adn scanners esd, updated sdns from device.
the fact is our local dealer asked for 6 weeks for software to supply, but i have to finish it on this sunday...

RSNetworx for DeviceNet running in "demo" mode will configure nodes numbered 0 through 5. One major problem is that you're running an edition of RSNetworx that is about five years out of date (I am running version 8.0) and may not properly support the current 1747-SDN and 1794-ADN firmware.

By default, the 1794-ADN equipped with one 1794-OB16 and one 1794-IB16 will have 2 Words (4 bytes) of Input data and 1 Word (2 bytes) of Output data. The extra Word of input data is for the 1794 module status.

Two important facts:

1. You must have the SLC-5/04 controller in PROG mode in order to save the scanlist to the 1747-SDN.

2. You cannot edit the 1794-ADN configuration while it has an active logical connection to the 1747-SDN. Disconnect the 1747-SDN, cycle power to whole network, then use RSNetworx to configure the 1794-ADN adapter.

Please try to provide more information about the problems you are encountering. Screenshots (use Alt-PrntScrn then paste into MSPaint) are often helpful.

Are you attempting to configure this system for the first time, or are you adding a module to the 1794-ADN ?

It is possible that your very old version of RSNetworx does not have support for the current 2.x firmware in the 1794-ADN adapter.

Describe *exactly* what you are seeing and what you do not understand. Post the *.DNT file from RSNetworx for DeviceNet if possible.

Ken, i wanna configure the system for the first time. As u said, after spending 3 days with RSNetworx 3.21 SP3, i can exactly say it doesnt support to program 1794-adn flash.

It's not supporting to add devices to avaiable seven slots of ADN's. RSNetworx MD is showing all the slots of adn empty.

Thx for all for replying and sharing information, i'm gonna wait until monday for my rockwell distributor to give on-site assistance...

You do not necessarily need to configure the 1794-ADN.

When the 1794-ADN powers up out of the box, it will allocate one Input Word for the adapter itself, one Input Word for the 1794-IB16 module, and one Output Word for the 1794-OB16 module.

You can create a scanlist entry in the 1747-SDN scanner for the 1794-ADN adapter without configuring the Adapter's connected modules.

Configure the Scanlist entry in the 1747-SDN to map 4 bytes of Input data and 2 bytes of Output data to the 1794-ADN.

If you get an Error 77 (data size mismatch) after you do that then the 1794-ADN isn't in its default configuration and you'll have to address that either by resetting it with the Class Instance Attribute editor, or getting a version of RSNetworx that supports the current 1794-ADN firmware.

I installed rsnetworx 7, programmed devices and fixed. the major problem was the verion of rsnet. old vers. doesnt support to program the adn.. thx eveyone for helping