Automatic store to CF card on Compactlogix

Rob A

I need a way to initiate a memory store to the compact flash card from the operator interface. I know this will take the PLC out of run mode and close all connections. After the memory store I need the PLC to go back into run mode.

I have operators changing and adding data to the PLC program from the operator interface and I would like to give them the option of updating the program on the compact flash card.

I don't think there is any way to do this. The PanelView Standard terminals with DH485 could perform these functions on SLC controllers, but I don't know about any way to do so with RSView or another HMI and the CompactLogix.

Could you perform tag storage only to the CF card, under program control ? I know that's supported in V16 for the 1756 controllers, I don't know if it's supported for the 1769 controllers yet.

Could you perform tag storage only to the CF card, under program control ? I know that's supported in V16 for the 1756 controllers, I don't know if it's supported for the 1769 controllers yet.

Only 1756-L6x supported with ver 16, not compactlogix