OPC Server Intouch 9.5

Leonardo10

Hi All

I´m new this forum, i do want to estabilish one comunication between Intouch 9.5 and RSlinx OPC Server, but Intouch don´t is a cliente OPC. what i can make to solve this problem ?

It may have changed but I think you need to use OPCLink to connect Intouch to RSLinx. That was what was needed in version 7 of Intouch. OPCLink comes as one of the 3rd Party IO Servers.

RSLinx can also serve as DDE. Then you dont need to so that. Just put RSLINX as the application in the topic config in WW.

Then, on the OPC/DDE tab of Rslinx gateway configure the PLC to a topic name. Put that topic name in WW config, and your all set.

Also, which PLC are you using, Wonderware has many native comm programs, and may be able to communicate with out buying RSLinx.

matt

Which PLC are you using? What type of comms are you using? RS232? Ethernet? I assume its an AB since you have linx. Again, WW doesnt usually need anything special to talk to most ab plcs.

matt

Leonardo,

You're on the right track with FSGateway. OPCLink is old technology, although it will still work. The problem with OPC link is that you have to add a prefix to all tagnames accessed through OPCLink. For example, to access real analog tag 'ReactTemp.PV', you would have to add an 'r' to the tag address in InTouch, so your tag would become 'rReactTemp.PV'. This is not necessary with FSGateway.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

But I can't see that you need anything other than RSLinx. InTouch works wonderfully directly to RSLinx. You probably don't need OPC and you certainly don't need anything to go between InTouch and RSLinx.

And as Matthias asked - which PLC are you using? InTouch has several native drivers that work even better than RSLinx. Tell us which PLC you are using and we can point you to the best comm-driver.

For a PLC5/80E, I would recommend using the DASABTCP driver included with your InTouch disks. If I remember correctly, the included documentation is good enough to get it setup.

Leonardo10 said:
Hi All

I´m new this forum, i do want to estabilish one comunication between Intouch 9.5 and RSlinx OPC Server, but Intouch don´t is a cliente OPC. what i can make to solve this problem ?

You can use OPCLINK 8.0 available with the Intouch driver CD. It very well works with any of the OPC server either LOCAL or REMOTE PC.

Go for it...