Intouch example

PLC_ITA

Hi friends, I'm beginner to use a Wonderware Intouch, I have a experience only with Siemens
I need to connect a Intouch 9.0 with S7 300 via ethernet anc CP341.
With intouch i have also DASserver but i haven't a idea how to configure. I have try to put a same addredd of the CP but in Intouch not found a Access name.
Anyone have a little example to help me ?

Thank a lot !

PLC_ITA

Hi,

When configuring DASSIDirect, for the remote TSAP you have to use the CPU address NOT the CP address. So for a S7-300 system this will always be Rack 0, Slot 2.

Thank you KRK , now i have correct this, but but the problem is always the same.
When i open intouch, into ACCESS NAME i do not found a new access (topic).
I think that there is an arror into configuration of DASSIDirect, but i haven't a idea how to confifure. I have follow the help online but i dont understand where is the problem

Can you help me ?

Many thanks

That's because you have to add the access name in InTouch yourself....

For example...

- Open InTouch
- Special - Access Names...
- Add...
- Fill in the pop-up window as follows..

Access (Name): S7PLC (or you could name this whatever you want)
Node Name:
Application Name: DASSIDirect
Topic Name: S7PLC (this must be the same as the Device Group you added when you configured DASSIDirect)
Protocol: Suitelink
Advise: Advise all items (or your choice)

Last edited:
Hi KRK.
I'm still here, because after 1 week of try, nothing to do. Only one or two time i have see into cp341 the RtX led , blink 2-3 time.
I have more question :
1) Local TSAP it's important ? now i use with default value : 1.0
2) TCP/IP address is a CP341 address or PC address ?
3) I use Windows XP sp2 , is supported ?

Thank you

PLC_ITA said:
1) Local TSAP it's important ? now i use with default value : 1.0
That's correct

PLC_ITA said:
2) TCP/IP address is a CP341 address or PC address ?
IP address of CP341

PLC_ITA said:
3) I use Windows XP sp2 , is supported ?
If you are using a DA server with Win XP SP2 then you need make sure that you have run Wonderware's 'OS Configuration Utility'.
I've attached a copy in case you don't have this.

(I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that this utility re-enables DDE which is disabled by default by SP2)

Also - have you remembered to activate the (DA) server using the SMC after you have configured it?

Kevin H