CPU315-2DP Warm & Cold restart

muthu_buddy

Hello Guys,
I am facing a problem on automatic warm restart of CPU 315-2DP in case of Profibus Communication failure (during power loss). I am using CPU315-2DP to control 8 DP slaves in a profibus network. During testing one of the DP slaves i tried to power off it and ON again. When i Power off DP slave, the CPU "SF" & "BF" LED is both ON. Once i turned on the power the "BF" is cleared but the SF is still ON. I need to do a manual "Warm restart" to start the CPU again. Do i need to download any OB into the CPU for automatic restart once all the faults are cleared? Can somebody help me in this problem.

with regards,
Muthu

muthu_buddy said:
Hello Guys,
When i Power off DP slave, the CPU "SF" & "BF" LED is both ON. Once i turned on the power the "BF" is cleared but the SF is still ON. I need to do a manual "Warm restart" to start the CPU again.

Hi
Your BF and SF light should go OFF when DP slave is switched ON.
To see what the problems which make SF light ON, check Module Information.

PLC-->Diagnostic/Setting-->Module Information

manmeetvirdi said:
Your BF and SF light should go OFF when DP slave is switched ON.
To see what the problems which make SF light ON, check Module Information.

PLC-->Diagnostic/Setting-->Module Information

manmeet - note that he (she) has to restart the plc, so the plc is going into stop when the slave drops off the bus. As you say, examining the diagnostic buffer will indicate which error OB is causing the stop.

I would predict a need for OB121,OB122 as already stated, plus OB86

If you want a S7-300 to run through almost any error ensure you have:

OB82,86,121,122 I call them the "Four Blocks of Sin"
Plus ensure this is checked
StartUp1..JPG

Nick

When doing Profibus with an S7-300 cpu, it is always necessecary to load these OB's : 82, 85, 86 and 122. You don't have to use them, but they must be loaded into the cpu. OB121 is only for program errors (wrong pointers, address fault and so on, but generally a god idea to load). You should get a diagnosis message from the cpu, that there are missing OB's

kolesen said:
When doing Profibus with an S7-300 cpu, it is always necessecary to load these OB's : 82, 85, 86 and 122. You don't have to use them, but they must be loaded into the cpu.

Only if you want the CPU to keep going in the event of a fault. It is sometimes preferable (of course this depends on your process) to remove the error OB's and hence stop the plc so the fault can be diagnosed and rectified.

I normally just cut and paste the error OB's Temp stack into a error DB area. This allows the system to keep running and a got a image of what called it.

Nick