Mitsubishi FX1N compatablity

DaveCordes

I'm using Ver 2.11 of FXGP-WIN-E and need to program a FX1N.
FWGP-WIN only lists FXO, FXOn, FX(FX2/C), and FX2N/NC versions.
I have programmed FX1S by selecting type FX, am I correct in thinking that I can also program the FX1N if I select type FX2N?
Upgrading to GPWIN(?) isn't an option, I only need basic functionality and up/download capability.
Dave

FXGP-WIN-E ver 3.00 has the PLC type FX1N.

To answer your question, i dont know....I guess you could write a few rungs of logic and try to download it. If it doesnt like it, it should complain about being the wrong PLC type.

Program it as if it was a FX0N. The FX1n will have more memory - internal bits, counters etc.
But that software will probably see the plc as an FX0n.

If you manage to program everything you need as if it was an FXon - it will download to the fx1n and be ok

I dont know about the software you are using but in gx developer you can change plc type after writing code by change plc type in the project drop down box. this function works well as long as you do not use functions in your code that are not valid in your plc. I have used this to test parts of a programme on my test rig running an FXo even though the code was written for FX1 and FX2 plcs

GX-Developer-FX is so much better and more current than FXWin. You should consider upgrading. It's really not that expensive. And it supports all the latest FX series PLCs.