High-capacity fusing

Boy, I've always joked about doing it but never followed through with it. I think a piece of 3/4" copper tubing would have been better...less voltage drop

When I see this it always reminds me my old employer:
Every time old man saw blown fuse or fault on HMI screen he was screaming looking at me: "fix your wires, I need to run this machine". He did not want to accept "the fault is here because your machine is broken .."

I guess we got logical result: he is out of busines...

With my current job I hear this as well:
"I have here piece of machinery with box saying A-B and red Fault light - tell me how to reset it, I need production now."

Not much worse than putting 2-3 oversized renewable links in those old type fuses or increasing one of them from 35 - 60 amps. Plus the poor fault current rating of them.

Two of those bolts look like truck wheel hold-on bolts. Was this picture made in a military truck or trailer plant?

On the other hand, if this is the fused switch for the clean air filtration blower in a nerve agent manfacturing plant, then I can understand the feeling behind trying to insure that it NEVER trips!

Last edited:
Hmmm...

4mm=100amp
5mm=180amp

but in the pic they look like 20's that's, hmmm...[open little black book] good for up to 4000amps or melt the switch off the wall, whatever comes first