My days are coming to an end

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
It has been an awesome experience participating on this forum. I will be around for many more years to come (hopefully). I doubt these days I can provide (or compete) with the information that others can provide.

Over the years there have been some truly awesome people that participated here. I was never (may never be) in their class but did my best to act like I was. Much of this was to be sure they gave me (and others) the information we needed without any BS, while striving to be like them.

I have a tendency to BS, sound mean, or just get on people's nerve's but wish everyone the best in their endeavors.

There are numerous unsong heroe's for this site:
Terry Woods, who has provided much and I have attempted to preserve on my site.
Allen Nelson, did not preserve enough.
Peter Nachtwey, a genius, but like most have to deal with his idiosyncracies.
Steve Bailey, a godsend.

There are too many to list. Onct in a while thank them

To all, Thank You.

Last edited:
You have helped others a lot on the way ...in whatever way you found suitable, well we all have our styles..don't we ?

We are looking forward to see you on this forum for many more years to come...Keep up the good job buddy !!!!

Ron, what's this? Where are you going?

And don't minimize your contributions here. You've got the practical street-smart knowledge that is so much in demand these days.

Please stay if you can. We will all be better for it!

If ever a thread was going to get a response it's one from Ron entitled "My days are coming to an end"! I panicked when I read that! Don't give us a scare like that, Ron!

I've no idea where you're going or what you're going to do, but good luck, best wishes, and very many thanks for everything.

Regards

Ken

rsdoran said:
There are numerous unsong heroe's for this site:
Terry Woods, who has provided much and I have attempted to preserve on my site.

I had a conversation (e-mail exchange) with him the other week, he said to tell you the WAS was his idea :D .... and to ask Steve, Peter and others about the early days of PLCS.net

where are you going Ron?

I have enjoyed learning from you, hope to see around

Its only fitting that i too show my gratitude for the help you have provided. You are surely a main player on this forum and the amount of posts you have is testiment to your dedication.

I truly hope that we can still get help from you.

If your looking in, i have an STL - Ladder conversion post you might like to help me with.

Steve.

Going to be a carny again, Ron? Got the travelling bug? You will be sorely missed around here; best of luck with whatever you are going to do!

Its a shame to see you go ron, i have read many many of your posts and browsed your website, all very interesing.

Well all the best for the future and good luck

Ron, does this mean that DoranWorld is opening? Are you going back to the Carney? If you're going on the road with some show, be sure to post your itinerary. Your friends here will be sure to look you up if you're in the area.
I doubt these days I can provide (or compete) with the information that others can provide.
It's not really a competition here, although I admit it can seem like one at times. Each person brings a different perspective and you never know when restating in a slightly different idiom what someone else has already posted will make the light bulb turn on in somebody's brain.

PS: Thank you for the kind words.

I trust this post is because you expect to be so tied up with pleasant and prosperous tasks you simply won't have time to reply to as many threads as in the past. That is certainly what you deserve, since your common sense, hands on perspective has always been a valuable addition to the site.

Best wishes!