Connected Siemens OP73 to S7-200

mulderm

Hello,

I want to connected the Siemens OP73 to the Siemens S7-200 plc so that I can also put the programming cable to it.
I using the Profibus adapter [size=-1]6ES7 972-0BB41-0XA0 [/size]but how are
the connections from the OP73 to this adapter?
From the manual I must using a MPI-network but how are the
cables connected?

Greetings,

mulderm

Hello Mulderm;

As you stated, you must setup an MPi network between the OP73 and the S7-200 (directly on the PPI/MPI port); the Profibus-DP slave module of the S7-200 cannot be used for this:

OP73_MPI.jpg

For a point-to-point connection, simply use an MPI cable (Siemens 6ES&-901-0BF00-0AA0), or make your own RS-485 cable (straight connect on pins 3, 5 and 8 of the Sub-D p-pin connectors).
If you need to setup a multi-point network, or you need to access the programming port of the S7-200 at the same time, use Profibus connectors (with piggy-back commector on the S7-200 side)and cable.
Look at the manual "WinCC Flexible 2004 Communication part1" (BHB_flexible_Komm_T1_e.pdf) for details on the parameters and configuration of the MPI interface.

Hope this helps.
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hello Daniel,

First I appreciate to help me.
I have looking the manual, but I can´t find the connection
schematic for the MPI-network between the OP73 and the Profibus-connector on the programming port..
I need to access the programming port of the S7-200 at the same time, using the Profibus connector.
Any idea?

mulderm

Hello mulderm;

Maybe this can illustrate my suggestion:

S7-200_MultiMPI.jpg

The part number for Siemens Profibus connectors with piggy-back connectors is 6ES7 972-0BBxx-0XA0.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier

Last edited: