Burner Fire Sequencer

mcw999

Okay, I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that quite addressed my issue so I'm turning to you guys for help :) I have four waste-oil burners that I use to heat water. I want to fire them in order of least run time. I have the run-time calcuated already using a counter, so basically when they are told to fire I want one to come on, then if it doesnt' reach temp given a period of time I want it to fire the 2nd lowest, then 3rd and 4th respectively. Anyone have any suggestions? I can use a whole bunch of GRT functions but it ends up being a huge cascading ladder issue and almost 2 words are used up just in status bits.

Thanks!!

This sounds like a new student project (but please forgive me if I am wrong).

Regardless, looks like if you map out your requirements, you should be able to find the answer you are looking for.

Actually no, I graduated from purdue university in 2005. I work for a carwash now, we have four Clean-Burn units that we installed at a new location.

mcw999, try doing a search on pump alternator. This kind of logic is very common for load sharing on pumps - the same methods will apply here and this subject has been discussed frequently - no need to reinvent the wheel - just adapt it for your burners.