How can I install RS Logix 500 in windows XP?

drspanda

Hello Everyone,

I have RS Logix 5 installed in my PC....I want to edit a program used for SLC written with RS Logix 500 starter version (i dont remember)...I am unable to edit with RS Logix 5 because it could not open it...

So I wanted to install RS Logix 500 starter.....but my OS Windows XP is not supporting it...Is there any other way which can help me??

Thanks in advance..

You can't open an RSLogix 500 file with RSLogix 5. I also believe that RSLogix 500 Starter will only allow editing on Micrologix controllers, but not SLC 500's

vettedrivr said:
You can't open an RSLogix 500 file with RSLogix 5. I also believe that RSLogix 500 Starter will only allow editing on Micrologix controllers, but not SLC 500's

Not quite, see PDF

Mickey, Interesting pdf. A search of the rockwell automation website says RSLogix 500 Starter cat# 9324-RL0100ENE is for use with Micrologix controllers while RSLogix 500 Standard cat# 9324-RL0300ENE is for use with Micrologix and SLC-500 controllers. I guess I learned something new today. Thanks.

vettedrivr said:
Mickey, Interesting pdf. A search of the rockwell automation website says RSLogix 500 Starter cat# 9324-RL0100ENE is for use with Micrologix controllers while RSLogix 500 Standard cat# 9324-RL0300ENE is for use with Micrologix and SLC-500 controllers. I guess I learned something new today. Thanks.

Below is from another document

drspanda said:
Hello Everyone,

I have RS Logix 5 installed in my PC....I want to edit a program used for SLC written with RS Logix 500 starter version (i dont remember)...I am unable to edit with RS Logix 5 because it could not open it...

So I wanted to install RS Logix 500 starter.....but my OS Windows XP is not supporting it...Is there any other way which can help me??

Thanks in advance..
I'm new to this site and I saw your question on the RS Logix 500 free down load, and I was woulding where to go and get it for myself. Can you tell me? Thanks