95U PLC Data Logger

abc1234

Greetings,

I have some equipment using the 95U PLC (old, I know). We are interested in hooking up data loggers to monitor/characterize the equipment.

I've called Siemens and their local rep. Nobody seems to have any information or knowledge for the 95U.

Retrofitting with a newer PLC is not an option.

Any idea where I can get product information and purchase a datalogger?

Thank you for your help....

Nobody probably makes such an animal for S5, you could use an OPC driver + pc + a small scada to log data, the protocols are sinec L1 (if the 95U contains the second port but this is almost redundant now, or the siemens protocol that most OPC servers still have for this old PLC.

Either way, it's going to be expensive,Beijers do a small SCADA at about £950.00, this may well have the S5 protocol, you will also need the 20ma to 232 converter from siemens or other supplier.
The Scada has many functions like logging data to most popular databases.