Fanuc in PR

NAT RIVERA

Hi, Iam new to PLC systems. Some years ago I purchased a GE Fanuc Series 90 Micro. Now that I have decided to learn the PLC it looks like the software that came with the unit is obsolete(3-1/2" diskettes) Can anyone advise me on a software in CD that could be used with the FANUC series 90? Please advise.

The software on the 3.5" floppies is almost certainly Logicmaster. If you have a computer that will run it, no problem. It is a DOS application and will require a computer with a real serial port. It is extremely unlikely that you will get it to communicate through a USB/serial converter.

The current programming software from GE Fanuc is called Proficy Machine Edition. Any files you create with Logicmaster can later be imported into Machine Edition should you decide to upgrade.

Another important cosideration is the fact that the programming port on the Series 90 Micro is RS485. You will need an RS232/RS485 converter to establish communications. If you didn't get one along with the PLC and Logicmaster, the part number is HE693SNP232. The same thing is also sold as part number IC690ACC900. Your local distributor should have them. For Puerto Rico, I think your distributor is GE Supply with offices in Mayaguez and Guaynabo.

http://www.gesupply.com/cgi-bin/prd/branch_locator/branch_locator.jsp