Resetting the protection bit

jcnix

Anyone ever run into this? A customer's PLC lost an output but the program is protected from "future access" by a status bit. We replaced the brick and rewrote the logic. But the customer says the guy that programed several of their SLC's did the same thing before quitting.

Yes, I have seen it and I think it happens a lot. Many insecure programmers use the protection bit for job security, except it never works like that for them. The only results are hard feelings and it insures that the programmer is never employed twice at the same place.

...along with insuring that his legacy to the company is completely lost when his software has to be completely dumped rather than simply modified.

Similar Topics

Hi, I recently installed 2 1783-NATR devices into two of our machines. The machines are pretty much identical, both having 1769- L24ER-QFC1B...
Replies
Views
How is it going y'all? So We have had a pesky problem with an EH 300 flow meter. We are using EIP to reset the totalizer, and for some reason the...
Replies
Views
MELSEQ "intelligent modules" configuration, programmatically resetting the CPU Hello. This is for the Mitsubishi experts, and thanks in advance...
Replies
Views
Hi all, is there an easy way to reset a user defined shift register to 0? i have a data type containing 8 bools for an array of 10 and would like...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am curious if there is a way to reset a safety password on the CPU mentioned in the title. The previous tech that retired(I took his...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom