rs view se

snyve

Hello,

I have installed Rs view se and rs links on a windows 2003 server and when i launch the runtime, there are no animations.
It say : "tags have not been activated."

Do you know how i can do to resolve this problem ?

Thank you.

Check out tech note P125353114 On the Rockwell Knowledgebase. Some registry changes must be made, and a hotfix installed from Microsoft to allow XP SP2 or Server 2003 SP1 to actually serve data to clients.

If that isn't it, what is the exact error message?

Operaghost
Yes, i have already an application. And this application works perfectly on a windows xp sp2 client.

rdrast
I 'll check on the Rockwell Knowledgebase tomorrow, when i'll be at work (for me, it's 9:30 pm ;) )

the error message is "tags have not been activated".nothing else.

kurt.brinker
The rslinx's configuration is good because the client works perfectly when it use the rslinx that is on the server.

Last edited:
I have checked out tech note P125353114 On the Rockwell Knowledgebase and i have made a registry change.
But the problem is not resolved.

the console in rs view studio say:

The tag '[PLC] TRAN_1390_22.Run' has not been activated.
The tag '[PLC] TRAN_1390_22.Starting' has not been activated.

But these tags exists, because the rs view on the client works perfectly.

Last edited:
I have installed RSView se and rs links on a windows 2003 server

I do not know if it is directly relivant but I installed RSView 32 ver 7.2 onto a new computer with Windows Server 2003 R2
RSView 7.2 had an issue with the R2 which is the Dual Processor version And I needed to up date to RSView 32 ver 7.3 which is due for release I think as CPR 8
Like I said it may not be relevant as you are using RSView SE but your Rockwell rep could ask Rockwell USA if there are issues with SE

I ran into the same thing with ME when I started using it. I think it had to do with setting up RS links enterprise. Check that your application is associated with your shortcut in the communications box. Check the target tab to be sure it is there also. It has been a while, hope this helps.

I have tested all the things that you have written, but it don't work.
Tomorrow, someone will give me the phone number of a person that knows rsview. i hope that he 'll find the problem.

Thank you for all your message.

If you have another idea ...

Sorry for the space character, it's a mistake when i have written it.

Last edited:
Found this tech note in knowledge base about Windows Server 2003 R2 not being supported Lok in
KB
ID 20450

R2 is a computer wiyh dual processors
When you boot up your computer it tells you if you have R2
or in task manager if you have 2 CPU boxs you have dual processors

It's a computer with dual processors, but it's a windows 2003 server service pack 1 standart edition.
the update for r2 is not installed.