Mitsubishi PLC and TR Electronic Absolute Encoder

Hello everybody,

I am new to PLC programming, I have a Mitsubishi PLC with A1SCPU-S1 and 2 A1SX81 ip cards ( I am using the Medoc 2.3 version s/w ), also 2 nos of TR Electronic Absolute Encoder Type CE 65M, Article no 110-01429.The op of the Encoder is BCD .It has 4096 counts/rev and 4096 revs possible.The Encoders are fitted at the end of 2 motors and the op of the encoder is connected to these cards: A1SX81.This encoder gives the data of the motor position in cms with respect to a zero point.

I need to understand the logic of the conversion of the data from the Encoder which is connected to this A1Sx81 card and finally dumped in a data register as in cms. The final display is to be on a MAC50 from Beijer .

Would anyone please check this out and help me to make a ladder for the application ?

Thanx in advance

--Anshuman

You would use the BIN command to convert the BCD inputs to a binary value. If you want to convert 4 digits, with the inputs starting at X0, and store the resulting binary number in D1, you would write [BIN K4X0 D1]. The K4 tells it how many nibbles (each nibble represents 4 input bits which is one character.

Thanx for your reply,fortunately now I have got the ladder for a old machine where it was done like what you have written, but I still donot undersatnd it correctly..if it is o.k by you I can send you the ladder and may be then you can send me the explanation ...

thanx again !!!