1/2 slot addressing

Maybe this will clear things up for you.

1/2-slot addressing:
• one half of an I/O module slot = 1 group
• each physical slot in the chassis corresponds to two words (32 bits) in the input image table and two words (32 bits) in the output image table

1-slot addressing:
• one I/O module slot = 1 group
• each physical slot in the chassis corresponds to one word (16 bits) in the input image table and one word (16 bits) in the output image table

2-slot addressing:
• two I/O module slots = 1 group
• each physical 2-slot I/O group corresponds to one word (16 bits) in the input image table and one word (16 bits) in the output image table

If you are using this: 
chassis 2-slot addressing 1-slot addressing 1/2-slot addressing
4-slot 1/4 rack 1/2 rack 1 rack
8-slot 1/2 rack 1 rack 2 racks
12-slot 3/4 rack 1 1/2 racks 3 racks
16-slot 1 rack 2 racks 4 racks

Last edited: