Siemens TP177B master class

Kataeb

I have one Siemens TP177B (6AV6 642-0BC01-1AX0):
When connected to profibus network, is it a master or slave?
And if it is a profibus master, what class?
Does it communicate in acyclical mode?

When connected to profibus network, is it a master or slave?
Master.

And if it is a profibus master, what class?
Dont know.

Does it communicate in acyclical mode?
Yes. The HMI polls its tags cyclically. But for the Profibus network the Token Rotation time is much shorter than the typical update time of the HMI tags. Thus they normally do not update in each Profibus token rotation cycle.

hello Khateeb;

To add to jesper's information:

All Siemens operator panels act as Masters class 2 on the Profibus-DP network. They exchange the token with other masters during the Profibus cycle,

But they have no defined data table, such as the masters class 1 (PLCs, generally), they request the data they need depending on the open SCADA page, abd the trending tags needed, so their cycle time is not as predictable as masters class 1.

Hoep this helps,

Daniel Chartier

Is it possible to communicate directly between the Touch Panel and a simovert masterdrive CBP2 board using profibus (no plc installed)? We are working on the "WinCC flexible 2005 Compact" software.
Note: We tried it successfully between an op7/dp and the cbp2 in protool software (can we use the same procedure in the above with wincc flexible?).