S7 300 & Protool HMI Log On (Security)

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a project where the customer requires 20 users with there own user name, password, user level (5 levels). There is also a requirment for passwords to be changed after 90 days (or next log in attempt).
The highest user level can rename or clear lower users names from the DB (and associated data)

Before i jump in and start this does anyone know if i can purchase a ready made block from siemens that does this (or similar) already.

I am thinking of having a DB with a construction like

User Names [Strings]
Password [Strings]
Level [Int]
PasswordDate [date]
PasswordTimeOut [Bool]

and then check the date the password was created is not over 90 days once a day and set the flag if it is, then use this to flag to drive HMI mimic for my 'change password' dialog.

Any one got any ideas i have not considered?

Thanks

WiCC Flex can do some of this, everything but the 90day renew but you may be able to do that with a script. I am not sure about ProTool. I

Thanks for the reply Charles.
I have spoken with my distributor and it looks like most of what I want is available 'canned' in WinCC Flex so I am eagerly awaiting my shiny new installation CD's to arrive

Hi cjd1965.

A major difference between your requirement and the "canned" functionality is that it is completely handled by the HMI.
You can actually manipulate users and passwords from the PLC, but that is not part of the normal concept, so it will take some extra work for you if you insist on doing it via the PLC.

Thanks for the reply Jesper I think the HMI version sounds OK for my needs. I have an older Protool project with most of the security done in the S7 but I think WinCC flex will work for me and result in less coding and testing so Mr Siemens saving me some time on this one.

The requirment is just headed 'System Security' so it is pretty open to how I acheive the goals.

I just need convert my thinking to WinccFlex instead of Protool now. (And time I upgraded anyway)

Cheers

Protool has password security built in also. I do not think Protool can handle the 90 day reset directly, however maybe that can be handled with a script.

To enable the password security you set the password level on the objects enable tab. To manage the password place the Password List object on a screen.