Panelbuilder32 I/o Access

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Using pannelbuilder32 to create a program for a panelview 1000 color. im pretty new so please bear with me. what my problem is i am trying to make a screen that show photoeye states. the panelbuilder says "controlnet and ethernet tags cannot directly referenced the i/o data table" i have used other programs which will let you access the data table. is that just the way pannelbuilder is or is there a way around this. thanks for any info. and i do know what i have to do in the program to get this to work, but didnt want to go through all the extra labor. thanks...

Which PLC are you using? I don't believe you can address CN or EN or DN devices directly from a PV; the IO needs to go through a PLC.

Please give an example of one of the addresses you're trying to access with your PV.

The best approach for real world I/O and HMI tags is to copy the real I/O data table values into user variables and access those in the HMI.

You will find that even the heartiest of HMI units can fail and do stupid stuff to the tags it accesses, so for safety reasons, you don't want the HMI in control of real outputs for sure. The inputs are probably safe, but it is still a common practice to "map" them to bit or integer addresses that can be accessed at the bit level.

JMHO
Paul

When using Panelviews I usually create a new binary file in RSLogix and map the input/output data files to it. This can easily be done using the Copy File (COP) instruction, which lets you specify how many consecutive words to copy.