Any Way to View an Event or Failure Log of AB PLC5/60?

mbd0722

Is there a way to view any type of event or failure log of AB PLC5/60s. I have two redundant PLC5/60s running in a hot standby mode. The system failed over from the primary to the redundant PLC and I would like to (a) view any indication as to why they failed over and to (b) periodically check the general health of the entire network. The PLC and SCADA software is Rockwell Automation RSLogix5 and RSView32. Thank You

mbd0722 said:

Is there a way to view any type of event or failure log of AB PLC5/60s. I have two redundant PLC5/60s running in a hot standby mode. The system failed over from the primary to the redundant PLC and I would like to (a) view any indication as to why they failed over and to (b) periodically check the general health of the entire network. The PLC and SCADA software is Rockwell Automation RSLogix5 and RSView32. Thank You
There might be several different reasons for changeover. Have you observed that when it changed-over, the new secondary (Which was primary originally) PLc went into Fault? If so, then you can figure out by looking into its Last fault status register. However, it both are in Run mode (and no fault) but changed-over, then you need to look into your program whether there is anything written into the code which changes over the PLC's based on certain conditions (Like sometimes, people write to changeover based on time - might be to carry out maintenance like changing batteries)