Call Step7 FB with indirectly addressed DB

sryan

Hi all,

I'm trying to call an FB with an indirectly addressed instance DB. Something like

//instance DBs start at DB100, zone #s start at 0
L #zone
+ 100
T #dbnum //dbnum now has the number of the correct DB
CALL FB100, [#dbnum]

I've seen things like calling with an indirectly addressed multiple instance area, but nothing with data blocks.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Got it!

Duh- I've been beating my head against the wall all day on this- and 20 seconds after I post, I got it.

For anybody who's interested,

L DINO
T #intCurrentDINum //save the current DI number so we can restore it after the call

L #zone
+ 100
T #intDINum
OPN DI[#intDINum]
UC FB100
OPN DI[#intCurrentDINum]

Make sure the DI registers are declared INT, and don't forget to restore your original DI before accessing any local variables.

I hope this saves somebody some time- I'd hate to think I'm the only one dumb enough to miss this solution.