Simatic TP170B problem

RHarry

Hello,

I have a problem with a TP 170B. The HMI is connect vis profibus to an existing 315-2DP. The HMI has an old program loaded.

I have integrated a new simple screen with a couple of tags into simatic manager from protool, but i cannot download to the PLC am i missing some thing basic here?

The message reads, "cannot connect to device check leads & settings"

is there a way to download direct to the HMI vis the config PC?

Cheers

You can definitely download to the panel via Profibus. You may have to go to the Windows CE Control Panel .. Download Settings (or is it "Transfer settings" ? - I dont remember exactly). There you enable the Profibus channel for download.
Also, when starting from Protool the TP170B should switch to Transfer mode automatically, but just to be sure you can switch the panel to Transfer mode manually.

Oh, and of course you can also download serially. For that you just need a nullmodem cable (pins 2-3, 3-2, 5-5). Try this if the Profibus download fails.

Last edited:
You've probably already checked this, but in ProTool, select File>Download>Preferences. Make sure that MPI/Profibus DP is selected and that it has the right address for the HMI panel. It may be a bug, but I've noticed that for some reason that setting sometimes resets itself to serial.

Also, if you've got ProTool Pro and have simulated the project on the PC, the address of the PC gets changed to the address of the panel, you'll have to reset the address in the Set PG/PC interface. I've had both of these issues cause download problems.