Looking at whats in the registars...

Killercal

Hello, I'm just starting out with Mitsubishi PLC programming. I'm looking to see what is in a "D" registar while off line with a PLC Q06 series.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

S.

The D Registers are like any other 16 bit word, these are all set to 0 on first creation of a project, they will stay in this state until written to within the plc program, you say you want to look at them in offline? this will give you no information unless you upload the values from the plc, if you use GX developer you can upload them in memory main then look at the values.
Note these can be non volatile dependant on the settings in the project.

Thanks for the reply,

I was wondering because I have a file that was uploaded from the PLC with GX developer. While online, I know how to look at the values in the registars, but offline I can't seem to find where to look. Is it possible to see the values in the offline file that were upladed or do you need to be online?

Make sure when you upload you tick the Device memory box (plc code is top parameters second & device memory bottom), once uploaded you click on the device MAIN in the left hand navigation box, this will show you the data uploaded from the registers.

If you do it in GXIEC Developer, this is a seperate one go to debug & device edit, this opens up a spreadsheet type, put in the type of register & how many then read the device memory from plc then you can save it as a file.