1407-cgcm

DBLD99

Just wondering if anybody here has used the generator module from allen-bradley. Iam currently working on a diesel engine generator, and we have provided this module but it seems only 2 people in AB actually know anything about it and it is hard to get a hold of these people.

Is the generator module an Input/Output card for a an Allen-Bradley PLC? If so, which PLC? I have seen the time when it might have been useful, if serves as an inteface with a power generator.

It started life as Woodward product (I think) and had the ControlNet interface integrated into it. It was originally developed for Sola Turbines who are a large Rockwell OEM customer. I guess if they install them in quantity there is every chance that the bugs are worked out. I've never actually used one, but I've looked closely at the manual with the expectation to use it at some point and it seems a very complete and competent implementation. The Woodward heritage also bodes well.

The ControlNet interface is intended to be used with a ControlLogix system, although I imagine it would work fine on a CompactLogix system with a CNet bridge port. If you have RSLogix 5000, add a 1756-CNBT to the IO tree and then look under "Other" modules, and you should find a profile for the 1407-CGCM that creates a very substantial group of IO tags, making the system integration a no-brainer.

Last edited: