Viewing RSLogix Files

ewood1972

I am currently running RSLogix 6.3 and working on a large project. I need to be able to view the file I am working with on another computer without RSLogix. I only need to be able to view the file and not edit or go online with the processor. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Not that it matters a whole lot, but RSLogix 5, 500, or 5000?

Print the program to a PDF then view it with Acrobat.

I am running RSLogix 500. I will probably use a capture to PDF but the program is 250 pages long and it is much easier to navigate and search with RSLogix than a PDF. I know it sounds like I want my cake and eat it too, but I just don't want to purchase another copy when I don't really need it.

ewood1972 said:
I am running RSLogix 500. I will probably use a capture to PDF but the program is 250 pages long and it is much easier to navigate and search with RSLogix than a PDF. I know it sounds like I want my cake and eat it too, but I just don't want to purchase another copy when I don't really need it.

You can have your cake and eat it, you just have to pay for it. Unfortunately the only way to be able to navigate and search with like RSlogix is to use RSLogix.

Remember you can use EVmove to move the key back and forth between machines

You do know that Adobe Reader also has a search function, the binoculars in the menu i.e. if searching for B3/0 then just use B3 and it will list all used OR if B3/0 then do B3 0. It will provide a list from any term you provide.

rsdoran said:
You do know that Adobe Reader also has a search function, the binoculars in the menu i.e. if searching for B3/0 then just use B3 and it will list all used OR if B3/0 then do B3 0. It will provide a list from any term you provide.

good point

ewood1972 said:
Yes, but the capture program captures the RSLogix program as a image file not a text file, so the search function does not work.

Thats why you use a PDF printer like the one suggested instead of an image capture. This program was printed using PDF995 (Its a free download) and it is searchable and fast to navigate by just clicking the results in the search window.

al050407.JPG

there is someting call RSladder
i have a pdf for it but its too big to upload