RS Linx Auto Run

Leon

In my PC and Laptop RS Linx is in the task bar and comes on everytime the PC or Laptop does. If I forget to turn it off it captures the comm port and I can not communicate with some AD items or even ABs own PICO. Someone told me once there was a way to keep it off in the task bar. I switch back and forth quite often and when I forget I think I did something wrong until I wake up 1/2 hour later.

Does anyone know how to do this and then will I have to turn it on when I run AB next. Or maybe I should put a reminder tag on my Monitors. (CHECK LINX)

Thanks, LEON

Go to RSLinx Control Panel. Stop RSLinx.... Uncheck Autostart option... and you are set. Next time you need RSLinx... you will have to manually start it... Hope this will help.

Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel.

Stop the RSLinx Service and uncheck the "Always Run As Service" box.

This will allow RSLinx Classic to run as an Application, not a Service, and only when required by RSLogix or an OPC/DDE client, or when you manually open it.

If you use the 1747-PIC driver regularly, you're going to have to get used to the Launch Control Panel because that only runs in Service Mode.

Thanks

Thanks guys, I did what you both actually said but used your approach Ken. I hardly ever have to use the Pic driver and even linx, and it is a shortcut on my desktop. I went nuts with the first Pico I had because of linx and setup for the AD Micro Displays.

Leon

technocrat said:
Go to RSLinx Control Panel. Stop RSLinx.... Uncheck Autostart option... and you are set. Next time you need RSLinx... you will have to manually start it... Hope this will help.

Actually you do not have to manually start it. When RSLogix attempts to communicate, RSLinx will automatically open as a service. However, it will not automatically shut down when RSLogix closes.

If you manually start RSLinx (as an application) then you will also manually close it.

OG

OG, Thanks at least that gives me 1/2 the times with it off and maybe the other 1/2 with it on when I go out of RSLogic. You can't have the best of both worlds all the time.

Leon