Plug for UL "branch circuit"

allscott said:
Not sure why you need 20 pins for a 3 phase motor?

I need them for

Klixon temperature overload
Mechanical overload
Power to motor brake (Controled by the motor drive)
Some switches

But if it is not possible in USA (UL) Then we need to change the machine to use to cables and plugs.

Thank you for the link to Meltric

Last edited:
You can get up to 5 auxillary contact with these but that doesn't look like it is enough for you.

Personally in your situation I would seperate the 3 phase for the motor and put the rest of the control in a multiconductor cable.

allscott said:
Personally in your situation I would seperate the 3 phase for the motor and put the rest of the control in a multiconductor cable.

Thanks for the reply

We did it the way you suggested. That way there was no problem with UL approval.