PILZ PI Touch EL T570. Can the program be migrated to a newer platform ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

One of our subsuppliers has shed himself of one of his business segments. This means that we may have to support some of our customers that have received systems from them. We cannot afford to abandon our customers, even if our own subsupplier has left the scene.

OK, the biggest problem as I see it is that they have used PILZ PI Touch panels type EL T570. There is zero mention of these on Pilz' website, searching returns nothing (brilliant really)!
There is a new generation of panels called PMIvisu or PMIopen or something.

Question 1: Can the old HMI application be ported to the new panels ?

Question 2: Has Pilz sold the old panels to some other vendor ? If so which one ? (I have heard some rumor about this). I hope then that I can get support and advice from that other vendor.

Got an email recently from a customer who requested a spare HMI panel inkl. program. What do I say to them ?

Question 1 answered.

From Pilz FAQ:
Can PITOUCH applications be transferred to PMI systems?
No. PITOUCH applications cannot be transferred, neither can they be converted into PMI applications. They have to be redesigned with PMI-PRO.
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful.