HELP! how do you program a siemens 6se5 921-3wb14?

douglail

there is no PG port and i can't get anything to write to the eeproms on the board. i can read them, and have a copy of the program, but i can't get the changes back into the CPU.

does anyone have any experiance with these?

after a morning of searching i recieved this from siemens support:

Options for interfacing STEP 5 with a SIMATIC S5 130 / 150 controller using an AS511 card (6ES5 511-5AA12 ):

1. CABLE CONFIG: PC COM 1 > 9F - 25M ADAPTER > B&B ELECTRONICS CURRENT LOOP CONVERTER > 966-0 CABLE > SINUMERIK ADAPTER > AS511 CARD

2. CABLE CONFIG: PC COM 1 > 9F - 25M ADAPTER > B&B ELECTRONICS CURRENT LOOP CONVERTER > 25F - 25F ADAPTER > 731-0 CABLE > AS511 CARD

Purchase either 966-0 COMM KIT (6ES5 966-0AA23) which includes B&B Electronics Current Loop Converter or

Buy the B&B Electronics Current Loop Converter (Model 232PCLR) separately... http://www.bb-elec.com/product_family.asp?FamilyId=20

so i think i know how to procede from here.

i just thought it might be good info to post for posterity.