Launching RSLogix Maximized when clicking on a file?

donl517

Is there anyway to get RSlogix 500 to always launch maximized when clicking on a file in windows explorer? I find I have to click on the file, Maximize the window and then arrange the window to a default project. PIA

TIA,
Don

donl517 said:
Is there anyway to get RSlogix 500 to always launch maximized when clicking on a file in windows explorer? I find I have to click on the file, Maximize the window and then arrange the window to a default project. PIA

TIA,
Don

There is an option somewhere - where you can specify the settings. I don't remember and don't have the software right now, to check. But try one thing:
After you open the ladder file, drag the borders to maximum size (Don't use the "Maximise" option on the menu title bar). And then arrange it to default. Save and close the file and try opening next time. This should also work.
Let us know the result.

--Rahul.

A Shortcut can be configured to run Maximized, but I Don't know how to do that with the Executable.
I guess you just get in the habit of double clicking the Blue Bar on top?
Maximized.jpg

Rahul,

That seems to work OK.

It seems there would be a registry setting somewhere that would force it to launch Maximized.

Thanks,
Don

gbradley said:
A Shortcut can be configured to run Maximized, but I Don't know how to do that with the Executable.
I guess you just get in the habit of double clicking the Blue Bar on top?
Maximized.jpg

Thanks, I know how to do this, but it doesn't solve my problem.

Don

Yes wouldn't it be nice if you could do the same with the Rslogix .exe file.
You could try one of several types of shareware programs like
MaxMonkey 2.40

I am not recommending it though, because I don't think that I would try it.
Good Luck
gbradley