Serial communication

cnc

I am a biginner on PLC programming.
I have a CP340 on the rack and
I need to test a Serial communication with Hyperterminal on the PC.I am going to use standard ASCII codes.I found a sample project CP_340_ptp_Com_CP34x but I Don't Know how to use it.I appreciate all the help I can get!! Thanks**

I guess since you found the sample project that you installed the software that came with the 340 on your programming pc. Then the module should be loaded in the HW config. Then if you are going to send data to a device through the 340 you need to pull the p_send block from the sample project into your active project and download it. If you are going to recieve data from a device through the 340 you use the p_rcv. This allows you to use these blocks in your fbs or however you choose in the project. These blocks provide all the information you need to know in order to use them by looking at the help files(click on the block and press f1). Also, be sure that you have the 340 configured in the HW config for the correct communication parameters. And since you are going to use ascii codes make sure it is set to ascii in the config. Hope this helps.

Cp 340

I Managed to Maintain communication with Hyperterminal on the PC.How can I read ASCII value continual from a file that look like this:

3832104|09/03/2007|11:41:19| 2.3|134.5| g7cm|

communication with CP 340

Hi!

I managed to maintain communication with CP 340 and S7 program. I read this line in to the DB.

3832104|09/03/2007|11:41:19| 2.3|134.5| g7cm|

Article nr | date| time| weight| angle|….

I have to separate the weight and angle. I know how to do this in C# but not in S7 environment.

Regards

cnc

Ok, you are using the pipe as a delimiter. I would set up a loop that ripped through the message one character at a time looking for this delimiter. When I found the third one, I would copy the data for the next two fields to wherever I needed it.