Data Station Plus

croakus

Does anyone have any experience in seting up/using Red Lion's Data Station Plus?
Red Lion's web site had some tutorials, but they were pretty vague. So was Crimson 2.0 Help.
I'm trying to set it up to data log alarms coming from a network of SLC 5/05's. I have Panelview Plus 600's that currently have an alarm log but can't export alarm log - thus the data station add-on.
Any help is appreciated!

Mike

I am using a Data Station Plus right now on my current project. It has the same functionality as their G3 HMIs, without the display. Actually there is a "virtual" display but you can only view it through the web interface.

Anyway, to log alarms you just need to set up a tag in the Data Station for every bit or integer that you are monitoring. Use the Alarms tab in the tag window to specify the conditions that will generate an alarm for each tag. You can turn on the "Log to CompactFlash" option in the Logging tab to write all your alarms to the CF card. You could also add an Alarm Viewer to the virtual display but I don't think this is required to make the alarms work.

Mike,

There are a few members of this forum that are employed by Red Lion. I believe Dan Yost, is their technician. They will more than likely see your post and respond in due time.

Koylur explained exactly what you will want to do.

To turn on the Event Logging, click on Tags at the top of the tag list. On the right-hand side you will see 2 tabs, Main (has all of the buttons to create new tags) and Logging. Click on the Logging tab. Set Log to CompactFlash to Yes. Then you can specify how long each file will be, and how many files to keep on the card. If you are using batch logging you can also choose to include the Event Logs in the batch. The Serial Port option will allow you to send the alarms out a Raw Serial port as ASCII.

Regards,
Dan