String, transfer from AB 1769 to PV600 DF1

edwinmart

I need help trying to send a 8 chars strings from the PLC to the Panel View.

I created the string tag in the PLC and then I Logic mapped the tag in the RSLogix 5000 as N18.

Then I created the Tag named "IDstring" in the panel builder as a Character Array pointing to the address N18:0/0

Then in the panel builder I created a Text field pointing to the PV tag.

But I get the following error:
Error (9409) - [tag: Idstring] Address specified for Tag is not valid for terminal protocol.

As a work around I tried to change the address of the Tag in the panel builder to N18:0.1 but then I get:

Error (9410) - [tag validation) the address string does not match the tag data type.

-----

I dont know if the tag address need to be ST# and not N# if so dont get how to map a ST in the PLC because all the maps starts with N.

I was reading the article but theres some points I dont understand

1) In the PLC the TAG should be mapped only as File 10 (N10)?
2) The tag in the PLC its a string but in the article it refers to a ITag integer tag.

What I had worked before mapping INT, BOOLS, DINTs and no problem but I think something its missing on my procedure to map the string.

I am still getting the "Error 9409 - Address specified for tag is not valid for terminal protocol"

I have tried all possible ways N18:0.1, N18:0/0.1, etc I cant get rid of the error.

Someone knows what its the problem?

DF1

I am almost giving it up and thinking on converting the string to real but I think I will have the same problem because the string its a 8 numbers long string like: 80,000,000

Isn't N18:0/0 a bit address?

I would have thought that a INT address would be needed
eg N18:0

I've done this using Clx5000 PV1000 and DH+
character array address was N010:040 Array size 40
N10 was mapped in Clx to a INT array

If the requirement is to send a string to a panelview.
Why would you not send a string to the panelview?
PLC data type string
PV PLUS Insert variable string

I use this often to display current states in my programs or multi step parameter names.