RSLogix5 How do I go online

LarryG

Please help, I have an RSLogix5, everytime I try to go online it says local port not connected. I have the AB cable VC-P965 MDC 3202 hooked to my laptop. I am pulling my hair out on this one.

Last edited:
same as Ken - I've never heard of that cable ... please tell us more about your system ... please use actual model/catalog numbers - often that makes a difference ...

going further - or a step back ... can you "see" the processor on the RSLinx screen? ... secret handshake: if RSLinx can't "see" the processor, then there is NO WAY that RSLogix5 can "see" it either ...

survival tip: if RSLinx can NOT "see" the processor, shut down RSLogix and work on RSLinx FIRST ... get that part of the puzzle working BEFORE you try to go online ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Local port not connected is a new one on me. Is that the exact error message? And if so, whats actually giving you the error? Is it a windows box, or is that a message in RSLinx or RSLogix? Are you getting it when you try to auto-configure? The closest I've seen is a message that the port was not available. I think that came up in a windows error box and it always meant I had another program currently tying up the port, or the port was actually bad (that only happened once).